Business valuation is a complex process that requires a broad knowledge of accounting, finance, economics, and taxation
Credentialed and experienced in all aspects of valuation, our team puts that knowledge to work with a skillful application of recognized valuation methodologies and diligent adherence to professional standards. How can we help?
Whatever your need, MarksNelson helps you understand the value of your business for:
- Estate and gift tax purposes (complying with adequate disclosure regulations)
- Income tax purposes (compensation, charitable contributions, asset acquisition allocations)
- Marital dissolution (litigated and collaborative)
- Shareholder, operating and partnership agreements
- Dissenting shareholder, minority, and oppression suits
- Purchase/sale of business and purchase/sale / redemption of ownership interests
- Stock options / warrants
- Valuation review reports (critiques)
- Audit procedures related to valuation reports in benefit plan audits
Valuation and Reporting That You Need:
- Comprehensive Report – USPAP compliant opinion of value based on complete analysis with detailed reporting.
- Summary Report – USPAP compliant opinion of value based on complete analysis with limited reporting.
- Calculation of Value – Estimate of value based on specific valuation procedures agreed-upon by the client.
- Oral Report – Estimate of value based on specific valuation procedures agreed-upon by the client.
- Market Multiple Analysis – Determination of median multiples of revenue and/or sellers’ discretionary earnings for a hypothetical business and an explanation of how to apply these multiples in a typical sale of a hypothetical business.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plans – Estimate the present value and the marital portion of monthly pension plan benefits.
Whatever the reason for a business valuation, MarksNelson’s accredited professionals are experienced in applying accepted and relevant valuation methodologies. Since 1968, we have provided competent and professional business valuation services to individuals, family-owned businesses, and large companies.
Our team holds accreditation from several organizations including:
American Society of Appraisers
- Accredited Senior Appraiser
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Institute of Business Appraiser
- Certified Business Appraiser
National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics